Sustainable Health is a process – an on-going process. But, we live in a quick fix culture and sustainable health is not achieved that way. Sustainable means “able to be maintained at a certain level; able to be upheld; able to be enduring; able to be used without being completely used up… .” I especially like this last definition. Our bodies and our beings are in a constant state of use. Even when we’re sleeping, our bodies are in a state of repair, rest and detox.
Sustainable Health is a way of living in balance with yourself and your environment. And many times, we need support to do that.
So, I offer you:
10 Reasons to Hire a Certified Holistic Health Coach:
- Because our behavior contributes as much or more to our healing as interventional medicine.
- Because for all the decades we’ve been told to eat low-fat, or low-carb diets, we’ve been getting fatter and fatter, until now, a full 1/3 of us is officially obese. (Clue: It’s not good fats and complex carbs making us fat. It’s refined carbs, sugar and bad fats.)
- Because the numbers of people with cardiovascular disease and diabetes is trending upward, and both are preventable, lifestyle-related diseases.
- Because new fields, like epigenetics and nutrigenomics, are promising breakthroughs in health and healing, using nutrient-dense foods. Nutrition. Nutrition. Nutrition. We are what we eat.
- Because pharmaceuticals, even plain aspirin, deplete important nutrients from your body, like vitamins B2, B6, C, D, Iron, Potassium and Folic Acid; if we can stay healthy without pharmaceuticals, all the better for us.
- Because it’s easier to make lifestyle changes with a coach as your partner than alone.
- Because there’s not a one-size fits-all way to eat, and you can discover and learn what’s good for your body that’s unique to your body, (your bio-individuality™) with a Certified Holistic Health Coach.
Because a bigger challenge than not knowing how to create a healthy lifestyle, is knowing, but not doing what we know is best for our bodies and souls.
Because the future of medicine is food.